According to our expert personal trainers, you can’t see or feel inflammation (swelling), but it can slowly damage your health and body. Chad, our head mobile trainer, says, “Inflammation helps fight injury and infection, but it can happen when the immune system gets triggered, without an injury or infection to fight.”
Since there’s nothing to heal, the immune system cells that normally protect us begin to destroy healthy arteries, organs and joints. Follow these top 5 tips to reduce inflammation from our expert trainers:
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods, like fruits and vegetables, and foods containing Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Avoid inflammatory foods like red meat and foods containing trans fats, like margarine, corn oil, deep fried foods and processed foods.
- Make time to exercise – 30-45 minutes of aerobic exercise and 10-25 minutes of resistance training, at least four to five times a week.
- Control blood sugar by avoiding simple carbohydrates like sugar, flour, bread, rice and pasta.
- Reduce stress levels with meditation and yoga.
If you’re looking for a health and fitness plan tailored to your personal physique and lifestyle, get in touch with our mobile expert fitness trainers at BodyBack.